Increasingly we’re seeing lighting products which feature acoustical properties. Join the IES Detroit Section as we discuss the trend.
About this Event
Topics to be Covered:
- Why are acoustical lights becoming a standard fixture type in projects?
- Well Building Institute recommendations for lighting and acoustics
- What makes a high-efficiency acoustical lighting solution?
- Why NRC isn’t a good scalar representation for acoustical lighting solutions
- How do we compare acoustical efficiency between lighting fixtures
- What type of projects benefit most from good acoustical design?
- Analyzing a sound absorption analysis
1 AIA LU, HAS
Speaker: Marc Sutton
Marc has worked for over six years in the decorative lighting industry starting his career as the New York Showroom Manager for the bespoke London based lighting manufacturer Baroncelli. After a few years out of the lighting industry, he reentered as the New York, Canada, and the U.K. Sales Manager for Roll & Hill, a made to order Brooklyn based lighting manufacturer with a unique perspective and design. For the past two and a half years, he has been the North Eastern + South Eastern Regional Manager for Milan based manufacturer LucePlan, which specializes in large scale decorative fixtures and acoustical lighting solutions.