IoT Connected lighting systems provide challenges as well as opportunities for the Design Team and Owner. The IES IoT Connected Lighting Committee is in the final stages of developing a Lighting Practice publication to assist with planning. Lighting has the ability to take on a key role in developing a connected space. This session will review opportunities for connected light in typical project environments; discuss the lighting designer’s enhanced role as well as providing a knowledge base on technology options and features. Additionally, we will uncover steps to take in the planning process, discuss potential pitfalls and include a case study on a realized project.
- Analyze goals and objectives for the use of connected light systems and develop a Sequence of Operations for the Owner.
- Explore required components for a connected light system and how to integrate them with the design team.
- Investigate strategies for teamwork on connected light projects.
- Identify key players and roles in an IoT connected project.
- Jered Widmer, IALD (The Lighting Practice)
- Paula Ziegenbein, LC, Assoc IALD (Hartranft Lighting Design)
- Ardra Zinkon, CLD, IALD (Tec Studio)
Registration Link: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Q46xcrifQyKcADU8zT0KZA
Host: District 8 Chair Kristin Mallardi will be moderating this month’s call.