The IES seeks to improve the lighted environment by bringing together those with lighting knowledge and by translating that knowledge into actions that benefit the public.
The IES will build upon a century of excellence to create the premier lighting community dedicated to promoting the art and science of quality lighting to its members, allied professional organizations, and the public.
We are a non-profit technical society whose purpose is to advance lighting knowledge and disseminate information for the improvement of the lighted environment to the benefit of society.
The Detroit Section is comprised of engineers, lighting designers, manufacturers, architects, contractors, distributors, and others with a passion for lighting.
This section holds monthly educational meetings to discuss the latest in lighting and industry trends.
Section Officers 2023-2024
- President: Elizabeth Williams, Illuminart
- Vice President: Michelle Prew, Cooper Lighting
- Secretary: Keith Irtenkauf, Pro-Tech Lighting
- Treasurer: Robert White, Illuminart
- Immediate Past President: Stacey Schwartz, Osborn Lighting Studio
Board of Managers 2023-2024
- Drew Barnes, Gasser Bush Associates
- Marc Dyble, Acuity Brands
- Kelly Dixon, Illuminart
- Eric Graettinger, Peter Basso Associates
- Keith Irtenkauf, Pro-Tech Lighting
- Darren Lapsley, Clarus Lighting & Controls
- Kelly O’Connor, Turner Logistics – SourceBlue LLC
- Michelle Prew, Cooper Lighting
- Stacey Schwartz, Osborn Lighting Studio
- Tara Nixon
- Robert White, Illuminart
- Elizabeth Williams, Illuminart
- Debra Jensen, IDS
- Nick Ferguson, IDS
Program Chairs 2023-2024
- Membership: Darren Lapsley, Clarus Lighting & Controls
- Illumination Awards: Tara Nixon
- Communications Chair: Eric Graettinger, Peter Basso Associates
- Emerging Professionals: Kelly Dixon, Illuminart
- Social Media Chair: Stacey Schwartz, Osborn Lighting Studio
- Education Chair: Nick Ferguson, IDS
- Member Recognition Chair: Debra Jensen, IDS