The IES seeks to improve the lighted environment by bringing together those with lighting knowledge and by translating that knowledge into actions that benefit the public.
The IES will build upon a century of excellence to create the premier lighting community dedicated to promoting the art and science of quality lighting to its members, allied professional organizations, and the public.
We are a non-profit technical society whose purpose is to advance lighting knowledge and disseminate information for the improvement of the lighted environment to the benefit of society.
The Detroit Section is comprised of engineers, lighting designers, manufacturers, architects, contractors, distributors, and others with a passion for lighting.
This section holds monthly educational meetings to discuss the latest in lighting and industry trends.
Section Officers 2022-2023
- President: Elizabeth Williams, Illuminart
- Interim Vice President: Michelle Prew, Cooper Lighting
- Secretary: Marc Dyble, Osram Opto Semiconductors, Inc.
- Treasurer: Robert White, Illuminart
- Immediate Past President: Stacey Schwartz, Osborn Engineering
Board of Managers 2022-2023
- Michelle Prew, Cooper Lighting
- Kelly O’Connor, Turner Logistics – SourceBlue LLC
- Elizabeth Williams, Illuminart
- Marc Dyble, Osram Opto Semiconductors, Inc.
- Robert White, Illuminart
- Stacey Schwartz, Osborn Engineering
- Darren Lapsley, Clarus Lighting & Controls
- Eric Graettinger, Peter Basso Associates
- Tara Verlinden
- Kelly Dykstra, Illuminart
Program Chairs 2022-2023
- Membership: Darren Lapsley, Clarus Lighting & Controls
- Illumination Awards: Tara Verlinden
- Email Blaster/Webmaster: Eric Graettinger, Peter Basso Associates
- Emerging Professionals: Kelly Dykstra, Illuminart
- Social Media/Webmaster Chair: Stacey Schwartz, Osborn Engineering