The IES seeks to improve the lighted environment by bringing together those with lighting knowledge and by translating that knowledge into actions that benefit the public.
The IES will build upon a century of excellence to create the premier lighting community dedicated to promoting the art and science of quality lighting to its members, allied professional organizations, and the public.
We are a non-profit technical society whose purpose is to advance lighting knowledge and disseminate information for the improvement of the lighted environment to the benefit of society.
The Detroit Section is comprised of engineers, lighting designers, manufacturers, architects, contractors, distributors, and others with a passion for lighting.
This section holds monthly educational meetings to discuss the latest in lighting and industry trends.
Section Officers 2019-2020
- President: Karl Geil, Illuminart
- Vice President: Stacey Schwartz, AECOM
- Treasurer: Robert White, Illuminart
- Secretary: Kelly O’Connor, Turner Logistics
Board of Managers 2019-2020
- Dave Shorkey, Clarus Lighting & Controls
- Joseph Oranchek, Sidock Group
- Marc Dyble, Osram Opto Semiconductors, Inc.
- Michelle Prew, Eaton
- Geof Wright, Smithgroup JJR
Program Chairs 2019-2020
- Illumination Awards: Tara Verlinden, Gasser Bush Associates
- Webmaster: Eric Graettinger, Peter Basso Associates
- Emerging Professionals: Elizabeth Williams, Illuminart