The IES seeks to improve the lighted environment by bringing together those with lighting knowledge and by translating that knowledge into actions that benefit the public.
The IES will build upon a century of excellence to create the premier lighting community dedicated to promoting the art and science of quality lighting to its members, allied professional organizations, and the public.
We are a non-profit technical society whose purpose is to advance lighting knowledge and disseminate information for the improvement of the lighted environment to the benefit of society.
The Detroit Section is comprised of engineers, lighting designers, manufacturers, architects, contractors, distributors, and others with a passion for lighting.
This section holds monthly educational meetings to discuss the latest in lighting and industry trends.
Section Officers 2021-2022
- President: Stacey Schwartz, Osborn Engineering
- Vice President: Elizabeth Williams, Illuminart
- Secretary: Marc Dyble, Osram Opto Semiconductors, Inc.
- Treasurer: Robert White, Illuminart
Board of Managers 2021-2022
- Joseph Oranchek, Sidock Group
- Michelle Prew, Cooper Lighting
- Kelly O’Connor, Turner Logistics
- Geoffrey Wright, SmithGroup
Program Chairs 2021-2022
- Illumination Awards: Tara Verlinden, Gasser Bush Associates
- Email Blaster/Webmaster: Eric Graettinger, Peter Basso Associates
- Emerging Professionals: Kelly Dykstra, Illuminart