Michigan Lighting Hall of Fame
The Michigan Lighting Hall of Fame was started in 2013 to recognize and honor lighting professionals with a Michigan connection who have contributed in a significant way to the lighting industry.
All inductees receive a plaque and are added to the Michigan Lighting Hall of Fame plaque, which is displayed annually at our product show.
Michigan Lighting Hall of Fame Recipients
- Michelle Prew, (2023)
- Mark Lien LC, HBDP, CLMC, CLEP, LEED AP (2022)
- Rosemarie Allaire, FIALD, MIES, CLD, ILLI, AIA Allied Member (2021)
- Robert White, IALD, IES, LC (2020)
- H. H. Higbie (2019)
- Leslie M. North, IALD, PE, LC, LEED AP (2018)
- Janet Lennox Gruel, FIALD (2017)
- Stefan Graf, FIALD (2016)
- Ivan Kirlin (2016)
- Mojtaba Navvab, Phd, FIES (2015)
- John Selander, LC, LEED, AR, IES (2015)
- Dave Thrasher (2015)
- Alan Lewis, OD, PhD, FIES (2014)
- Naomi Miller, FIES, FIALD, LC (2014)
- Gary Steffy, LC, FIALD, IES (2014)
- James, R. Benya, FIES, LC (2013)
- David DiLaura, FIES (2013)
- Stephen Squillace, FIES (2013)
The IES Illumination Awards program recognizes individuals for professionalism, ingenuity, and originality in lighting design based on the individual merit of each entry. Judges are selected from a broad professional spectrum, representing knowledge of lighting and design excellence. The judging system is entirely based on how well the lighting design meets the program criteria. The Illumination Awards program is not a competition.
The Illumination Award for Interior Lighting Design sponsored by Edwin F. Guth, the Illumination Award for Outdoor Lighting Design sponsored by Cooper Lighting Solutions, the Control Innovation Award sponsored by the Lighting Controls Association, and the Energy and Environmental Design Award are parallel programs created to recognize outstanding lighting design.
Click here for the IES Illumination Awards Calendar, Submittal Procedures, and more!”